Packing your drum set for the move may not be as straightforward as you may want it to be. But here’s some good news! Below are some simple steps that you can follow to make this process less daunting.
Having a hard time figuring out how you can pack your drum sets for your move? Well, don’t worry, we are here to share some useful information on how to prep and pack your prized musical instrument to avoid any damage during the move. You can contact our local movers for professional help and a free estimate.
- PREPARE WHAT YOU NEED
Before you move, you'll need to pack your drum set. Here is a list of the materials you will need to pack your drum set.
- Packing paper: Packing paper is a necessary support for items that require padding.
- Bubble wraps: Bubble wrap is an excellent method to safeguard your hardware.
- Cardboard boxes: A large, sturdy box that can easily accommodate your drum set is required.
- Packing tape and utility knife: You'll need a knife and a lot of packing tape.
- DETACH ALL BASIC HARDWARE
- After you've completed your checklist, It's time to take apart the drum set's basic hardware. Begin by detaching the floor toms and holders.
- To disable the bass drum hoop, unscrew both the bass drum claws and tension rods, then proceed to remove the drum heads.
- Drum claws and tension rods must always be equipped individually with packing paper to avoid contact with metal parts during the transfer.
- For additional protection, enclose the drum hoops and heads in bubble wrap.
- WRAP THE BASE DRUM, FLOOR TOM, AND RACK TOM
Purchase enough bubble wrap to wrap the base drum, floor tom, and rack tom twice as thick as the cardboard box.
- PREPARE THE PACKING BOX
Add an extra sheet of carton pieces or bubble wrap to the box to render it stability and stiffness.
- PACK AND LABEL
- Set the bass drum at the bottom.
- Take the bubble-wrapped floor tom into the bass drum.
- To decrease mobility, place wrapping paper/kraft paper in between layers.
- If necessary, use the utility knife to reduce the height of the box.
- Place the drum set, floor tom legs, and tension rods over the rest of the hardware with caution.
- Seal and secure the moving box with packing tape.
- Make sure to label the boxes.
Need assistance with packing and moving your drum set? Contact our cheap movers in ct.